I’m lucky to have friends and family who live in LA. Most notably, my brother, his sweet wife and my best friend since I was 6*. I’m in LA often and always get into the laid back vibes of the city. If NYC is the city that doesn’t sleep, LA is the city that never ever gets dressed up … EVER, unless it’s the Oscars. When I’m on the west coast, I find myself breathing deeper and wearing casual chic sportswear that still has my secretly fancy vibe. I hope you enjoyed some images (via my Pinterest) that channel my west side style. Here is a peak at some of my must haves for my packing list.
1. Frame Denim. With the I don’t give a f%#$ rips.
2. Leather jacket for the perfectly chilly nights. Zara does a leather biker jacket very well for an alarmingly low price point.
3. “Chucks”, also known as converse. I usually go with my white low tops which are now a shade of yellow that can only be described as urine-like.
4. American apparel V-necks. Layer some delicate necklaces, throw on a skinny jean and go. A heather grey is the most versatile and looks great with the aforementioned leather biker jacket.
5. Shades. I must have a selection of at least 3 sunglasses to match my every changing mood. Here are a pair of my go-tos.
6. Classic heel. This is for making day to night looks happen. I purchased a pair recently that are pretty much identical to these beauties and they look good with everything… actually everything. For a lower price point, this SJP pump is a great looking alternative.
* Please pardon the previous error… emily