Holiday party season has arrived which means it’s time to hurt your brain thinking of not-basic holiday outfits. The time has also come to purchase a few hostess gifts for the people that let you into their home to drink booze and eat food. With Christmas and Hanukkah quickly approaching, I’m sure you are a busy bee like myself and don’t have a ton of excess time to shop for gifts. The gift guide this week covers gifts for a hostess (one that you like, because these are pretty amazing) as well as gifts for a friend or family member who loves to host. Enjoy and happy shopping!
- Skulls are not for the faint of heart. This gift is for that friend who you love and trust but recognize that she could cut a bitch. I have already gifted this beautiful acrylic tray to that friend and I must say it went over very very well.
- This cook book that focuses on french cuisine was the best selling cook book in France for 75 years. Need I say more? I would be remiss not to mention that the cover is one of my favorite cook book covers ever. Cheeky outside, quality inside and there you have a perfect gift.
- Diptyque candles are my wick of choice. They are always scattered throughout my home. Usually the popular Baies scent is my go-to, however this Sapin variety has that pine scent that makes us think of the holidays. You can’t go wrong with either and remember these make awesome little vases or pen holders when they are spent.
- Ginger jars are the new ginger jars. What I mean by that is, they will never, ever, ever go out of style (Taylor swift get out of my head). This versatile piece or porcelain can be used virtually anywhere in someones home. Stay classy and purchase one of these.
- Who doesn’t want a side of glitter with their meal? These glitter servers are perfect for the holidays or year-round fetes alike. They come in gold and silver and the price point is awesome.
- This may be the chicest bowl in the history of bowls. Named the Windrow Berry Bowl, you can see why I feel in love with this little piece of art. Perfect for berries or a few pieces of fruit, I can’t take my eyes off of this country goodness.
- Dana Gibson hit the nail on the head with her leopard serving tray. Equally cool for serving or every day display, this tray feels current and old school at the same time. Isn’t that the goal?
- Fun cocktail napkins are the ultimate gift. They never go out of style and they make you smile. At under $100 for a really nice set, you have yourself a winner. August Morgan does an impeccable job with her cheeky collection and I also am really into these emoji ones.
- If your friend has a dog, there is a 125% chance they are obsessed with him/her. There is a 85% chance they are also obsessed with other dogs. (these percentages are exact). When you put those two statistics together along with the fact that Vogue touts Doggie coasters as the new black, you need to purchase these.
- I wan’t this ice bucket really really bad. If my house was an ice bucket, it would be this ice bucket. If your friend is of the preppy variety, you can monogram this as well. I included a few other items from this awesome vendor below.
As always my shopping section has lot’s to explore. My final gift guide coming soon.