A good leather jacket is like that perfect pair of jeans. You have the urge to wear it everyday, you feel invincible once it’s on you and the more you wear it the better it looks. Depending on your travels and time zone, a good leather jacket can be season-less and quite possibly the most versatile item in your wardrobe. With fall quickly approaching, I wanted to round up some of my favorite options for your shopping pleasure. I also wanted to let you in on a little secret of mine…. My absolute favorite leather jackets come from a little store called Zara. While I always have my eye on a classic Acne piece or a super fancy Saint Laurent, for now and the foreseeable future, Zara is working just fine. My favorite Zara find is from a few seasons ago, however it looks like they have 2 amazing options currently, both at a ridiculous price point of under $200. Hope you enjoy my picks and here are 5 tips on how to wear your leather. For the purpose of this post and not saying “leather jacket” 1,264 times, LJ = Leather Jacket
1. Do like the fashion mavens do and just drape it over your shoulders. The LJ usually has that perfect amount of structure that allows it to hang just right. This look can work for almost everyone if you wear it with confidence.
2. While running errands in your Lululemon (assuming we are the same person), opt for your LJ instead of that Lululemon zip up, fleece or sweatshirt. Chic rarely comes in the form of spandex, so I consider this a great way of cheating the system.
3. Do mix leather and lace. The feminine mixed with the edgy is always a homerun. Even if you are wearing your most lady like silk skirt with a classic pointed stiletto and a girly blouse, throw on your LJ. Trust me. You’re welcome.
4. Layer, layer, layer. As the cooler months approach, your time to layer the F*&$ out of every outfit is almost here. Hooray! If we equate leather jacket dressing to skiing, consider your LJ the mid layer. Wearing a fabulous overcoat over your LJ, creates a look that says you know what you’re doing. Here you can use the ol’ drape method, by draping that overcoat over your shoulders.
5. Sometimes simple is best. Try a minimal look by wearing your favorite white V-neck tee, your favorite denim and a chic slip on or flat. Top it all off with your Leather Jacket and you have a great outfit that you didn’t have to hurt your brain thinking about. Also if you don’t mind me being pushy, I’m seeing your hair in chic top knot.