Fall has arrived and I’m reminded of the best quote in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. “But I want it now Daddy!” I want everything. I have an extreme and unrelenting thirst for everything. Fall is far and away my favorite season. The cooler months always seem to energize my attitude, creativity and my personal relationships. I like to joke that I have “reverse seasonal depression”. It turns out that is not a clinical term, however it’s very real in my world. I absolutely can’t stand summer. It gives me hives, makes me sad and not to be a buzz kill, but I just hate it. Anyways, I digress. I wanted to share more than a few items that are currently inspiring me. Some are attainable, some are not. All of them are whispering my name and I like it. Let me know your favorites. Wishing everyone a happy and fulfilling FALL! Read below and then visit the Shop my favorites section of my site to peruse many many more things that I have convinced myself I need immediately. You won’t be disappointed.
1) I have briefly discussed my desire to attain a copious amount of coffee table books. Barbara Nessim’s “AN ARTFUL LIFE” perfectly captures this internationally renowned artist and illustrator who mostly focused on images of female figures, originating in the counterculture of the 1960s. This book focuses on fashion, technology and photography, all of which are cornerstones of Nessim’s fabulous life.
2) I’ve been thinking a lot lately about jotting down my personal feelings about life, love and everything in-between. I do much of that on secretly fancy, however some things are meant for my eyes-only. I love this little periwinkle Diary. It feels like magic could happen inside of it.
3) Shrimps is a fairly newly launched label out of Britain. The boldly focus on faux fur outerwear. I have been a fan for the past 2 years and have decided the time has come that I invest in one of their signature cheeky overcoats.
4) M2Malletier bags are chic beyond belief. I love this small color blocked number. Their structured leather satchel bag with the “needle” handle has been on my must purchase list for too long.
5) Yes, I am a Birkenstock lover. My white Arizona birks got me through summer. I recently tried on this shearling clog and it was a magical experience. Getting these today. You should too.
6) I am a coat person. It’s an addiction. Every fall season, there is one coat that I fall in love with. Usually it’s the most expensive option, which is pretty much torture. This time around, Stella McCartney murders it with her Penrose Wool-blend felt coat. She calls the collection “Uptown timelessness with a twist of downtown nonchalance”. Sign me up.
7) Diamond, Emerald, Amethyst, Ruby, Sapphire, and Turquoise, oh my! These Lulu Frost earrings are everything. I feel like I could wear these everyday dressed down with a tee and denim or pair them with a black tie evening ensemble. Props to Charm&Chain for carrying these beauties.
8) I don’t own a pair of Karen Walker sunglasses. Many of my friends do and I am always in awe of the chic yet funky shapes. These sunglasses don’t take themselves too seriously. I like that.
9) I’m really into flirty flouncy dresses lately paired with a good leather jacket. This super feminine number by Isabel Marant Etoile is right up my alley.
10) Ah, the Fendi Monster Fur Charm. I don’t think I need to describe why I want this. You either get it or you don’t.
11) Blue pink and green wax ‘Ortensia’ scented candle from Fornasetti. You need this.
12) Not sure why these Gianvito Rossi velvet sandals are so necessary, however I’ve decided they are. Any time a shoe has a great balance between chic and sexy I feel compelled to own them. This blush color is so versatile, which another must have when investing in a good shoe.
13) I could wear a great sneaker every day of my life. These wine colored Nike Air Max sneaks are a must have for fall.
Ok, now head over to Shop my favorites. I have lots and lots of other must haves ranging in price from, “I got this” to “My husband is going to divorce me and I will be living on the streets”. Have a magical weekend!